Our mission is to provide Shared Service practitioners with a trustworthy and reliable resource to access and leverage the knowledge and experience of their peers.
Representative members include:
Applied Materials, Ascension Health MSC, Deere, General Mills, Grainger, Hershey, Honeywell, Intel, McDonald’s, Nike, P&G, PepsiCo, Raytheon Technologies, Rolls-Royce, Saint-Gobain, Sherwin-Williams, ZF Group.
Peeriosity interactions are between peers at Shared Services operations around the world, completely free of external influence or bias. Consultants, vendors, and developers are prohibited from membership.
Member companies may select to participate in all research areas, or for a reduced fee, only the research areas included in the Multi-Developer User Group for Intelligent Automation.
Peeriosity Insights: Recent Research Findings
- Improving Customer Satisfaction in Accounts Payable
- Shared Services Delivery – Outsourced or Captive?
- Lifecycle Maturity for Shared Services/GBS
- “What’s Measured Improves” – the Importance of Formal KPI’s
- Single Vs. Multiple ERP Instances in GBS
- Using Global Process Owners for Order to Cash
- Shared Services Role in Driving Intelligent Automation
- Digital Enablement as a Priority for Global Business Services
- Improving the Manual Journal Voucher Process
- COVID’s Impact on Controls, Quality, and Technology Plans
- 3-Year Comparison – Number of Fully Operational Bots
- Flexible Work Arrangements in Shared Services After COVID
- Paying Invoices with Immediate Payment Terms
- Leading and Developing Your Remote Workforce
- COVID-19: Saving Millions by Consolidating Unused Airline Tickets
- Creating a Continuous Improvement Culture In Shared Services
- Using ServiceNow to Manage Inquiries and Workflow
- Shared Services and the Importance of Global Process Documentation
- RPA Impact and Speed to Implement
- Fraud Control using Oversight’s Risk Mitigation Solutions